What happens in keratinization?
What maintains the cell shape of euglena?
The solid linear cytoskeletal elements having a diameter of 6 nm and made up of a single type of monomer are known as:
Microtubule which is a component of the cytoskeleton is involved in
- Spindle formation and cell division
All of these
- Immunity of the cell
- Transport of substances
- Provides shape to the cell
- Protein production
Reason (R): There are three principal types of protein filaments - actin filament, microtubules and intermediate filaments, which constitute the cytoskeleton.
- Both A and R are correct and R is the correct explanation of A
- Both A and R are correct, but R is not the correct explanation of A
- A is correct, but R is incorrect
- Both A and R are incorrect
Name the cells shown in the figure. Mention their shape and function. [3 MARKS]
How are the organelles able to maintain their position inside the cell?
The plasma membrane is rigid like cement and does not allow the organelles to move
The organelles are attached to cell membrane
The cell matrix consists of protein filaments that keep the organelles in their place
- None of the above
- Endoplasmic Reticulum
Reason: There are three principal types of protein filaments-actin filament, microtubules and intermediate filaments, which constitute the cytoskeleton.
- Both Assertion and Reason are true and Reason is the correct explanation of Assertion
- Both Assertion and Reason are true but Reason is not the correct explanation of Assertion
- Assertion is true but Reason is false.
- Both Assertion and Reason are false
- Proteinaceous filaments
- Calcium carbonate granules
- Callose deposits
- Cellulose microfibrils
- endoplasmic reticulum
- Golgi body