Acids and Bases in Water
What happens to the solubility of a saturated solution of NaCl, when a current of HCl gas is passed through it?
- 7, less than 7, more than 7
- Less than 7, 7 and more than 7.
- Less than 7, less than 7 and 7.
- More than 7, more than 7 and less than 7
- water into concentrated acid.
- concentrated acid into water.
- first water into acid and then more acid.
- Both (a) and (b) are correct.
In water, oxygen has a slight negative charge and hydrogen has a slight positive charge. So what type of bond does water have?
Non polar covalent bond
Polar covalent bond
Which of the following salts when dissolved in water will get hydrolysed to form an acidic solution?
Choose the correct option:
Positively charged ions are anions and negatively charged ions are cations.
Positively charged ions are cations and negatively charged ions are anions.
Both the ions are called cations.
Both the ions are called anions.
An aqueous solution with pH = 0 is