Fight for Equal Rights
Q. In the 20th century, many feminist movements emerged around the world. In this regard consider the following statements and choose the correct ones.
- A feminist is a women who believes in equal rights and opportunities for men and women.
- Women sought more equality in their families.
- Feminist movements were aimed at securing more personal freedom for women
- Feminist movements were able to bring changes in social attitudes in the society
Q. Who among the following is a person who believes in equal rights and opportunities for both women and men?
Q. Feminist movements in the 20th century were aimed at securing more personal freedom for women.
Q. Who among the following is a person who believes in equal rights and opportunities for both men and women?
- A sexist
- A misogynist
- A feminist
- A chauvinist
elected its youngest-ever prime minister and formed a cabinet with more women than men.
- New Zealand
Q. The women of France were granted the right to vote in which year?
Q. S1: Women in many countries did not have the right to vote till the twentieth century. S2: Women fought and protested to gain their right to vote and in 1900, USA allowed women to vote. Which of the following options is/are true?
- S1: True; S2: True; S1 and S2 are independent of each other
- S1: True; S2: True; S2 is the reason for S1
- S1: True; S2: False
- S1: False; S2: True
Q. Pick the odd one out. Hint: Women did not fight or protest for this.
- Right to education
- Right to drive at the age of 12
- Right to equal opportunities as men
- Legal access to property
Q. S1: The Scandinavian countries encourage women to join politics. S2: In 2019, the Finland legislature had 47% women. S3: In 2019, Finland elected the youngest-ever Prime Minister and the cabinet consisted of more women than men. From the above sentences, pick the correct sentences:
- S1, S2, S3
- S2, S3
- S1, S2
- S1, S3
Q. In the United States, women were granted the right to vote only in 1921.