Which of the following statements is incorrect about viroid, viruses, or prions?
Viroids lack a protein coat
Viruses are obligate parasites
The infective constituent in viruses is the protein coat
Prions consist of abnormally folded proteins
|(a)||Dragonflies||(i)||Biocontrol agents of several plant pathogens|
|(b)||Bacillus thuringiensis||(ii)||Get rid of aphids and mosquitoes|
|(c)||Glomus||(iii)||Narrow spectrum insecticidal applications|
|(d)||Baculoviruses||(iv)||Biocontrol agents of lepidopteran plant pests|
|(v)||Absorb phosphorus from soil|
- (a)-(iii), (b)-(v), (c)-(iv), (d)-(i)
- (a)-(ii), (b)-(i), (c)-(iii), (d)-(iv)
- (a)-(ii), (b)-(iii), (c)-(iv), (d)-(v)
- (a)-(ii), (b)-(iv), (c)-(v), (d)-(iii)
In RNAi, genes are silenced using
- only RNA
- only DNA
- either RNA or DNA
- both DNA and RNA
Organise a discussion in your class on the topic- Are viruses living or non-living?
- Viruses are obligate parasites
- Viruses cannot pass through bacterial filters
- Viruses are made up of protein and DNA or RNA (never both DNA and RNA)
- Viruses can multiply only when they are inside the living cells
Give a brief account of viruses with respect to their structure and nature of genetic material. Also name four common viral diseases.
A virus is considered as a living organism and an obligate parasite when inside a host cell. But virus is not classified along with bacteria or fungi. What are the characters of virus that are similar to non-living objects?
- none of the above
- both a and b
- presence of low molecular weight RNA in virus but absent in viroid
- absence of protein coat in viroid but present in virus
- They are species specific.
- They have broad spectrum insecticidal applications.
- No negative impact on plants and animals.
- They aid in integrated pest management programme.
What are Interferons ?
Name any two animal diseases and two plant diseases caused by micro-organisms.
What kingdom is virus?
In plants, mosaic formation, leaf rolling and curling, yellowing of plant parts, vein clearing, dwarfing and stunted growth, necrosis etc. are the symptoms of
What is Oscillatoria?
- Typhoid and AIDS
- AIDS and cancer
- Pneumonia and malaria
- Cancer and AIDS
Which of these bacteria lack cell wall (shape)?
Difference between virus and viroid is
(a) absence of protein coat in viroid, but present in virus.
(b) presence of low molecular weight RNA in virus, but absent in viroid,
(c) Both (a) and (b)
(d) None of the above
m-RNA t-RNA r-RNA Highly stable Soluble RNA Act as an enzyme m-RNA t-RNA r-RNA Adapter RNA Largest RNA Single stranded m-RNA t-RNA r-RNA Have message for protein Adapter RNA Play catalytic role m-RNA t-RNA r-RNA Soluble RNA Highly stable Double stranded
Mumps, Smallpox, Herpes, Citrus canker, Red rot of sugarcane, Tobacco mosaic
- Pvu II
- Pvu I
- Proteins that involved in the replication of the restriction enzyme
- Proteins that involved in the replication of the plasmid
Which of these has a double closed type of circulatory system?