Functions of the Central Bank
Which of the following is not the function of the Reserve Bank of India ?
Keeping of Foreign Exchange Reserve
Acting as banker to the Government
Issuing of coins
Regulating credit in the country
Which agency prints 1 rupee note in India?
Explain the 'bank of issue' function of the central bank.
Which of the following are common functions of the central bank?
Conduct of monetary policy
Lending to the general public
Supervising the stock market
Lending to the commercial banking system
Modern forms of money are closely linked to the process of banking. Explain.
Which of the following is NOT true about the central bank?
It deals directly with commercial banks and the public
It has full control over the money supply
It is the custodian of reserves
It is the sole authority to issue currency notes
What does OMO stand for?
Which of the following functions of a central bank may potentially conflict with its monetary policy role?
1. Supervisor of the banking system.
2. Banker to the banking system
3. Manager of the national debt.
4. Banker to the government.
5. Issuer of currency.
1 and 4
1 and 3
2 and 4
1, 2 and 3
It is a method by which banks borrow from each other to be able to maintain the cash reserve ratio.
None of the above
Acting as a
None of the above
What are the kinds of reserves?
What is the current SLR for commercial banks in India?
- Reserve Bank of India
- Ministry of Finance
- Planning Commission
- Finance Commission
What are the types of reserves?
Central Bank acts as a lender of the last resort.
- Lending to heavy industries
- Lending to agriculture, small-scale industries and the weaker sections of the population
- Lending to foreign companies
- Lending to state governments in emergency situations like floods and droughts
What Is the Reverse Repo Rate?
What are the primary functions of commercial banks?
Write the full form of SEBI.
- Banker to the Government
- Bankers Bank
- All of the above
- Issuer of currency
- power resource
- central house
Primary function of commercial banks.
- money lenders
- self help groups
- with permission from the Reserve Bank of India
- without permission from the Reserve Bank of India
- both b and c
- only for research work
- India is facing severe foreign exchange reserves crunch.
- Balance of payments is a narrow concept than balance of trade.
- Devaluation is the panacea for BOP problem.
- The RBI is the lender of last resort for Indian public sector banks.