Intensity in Photon Model
- Moves with one-fourth energy as that of the initial energy
- Will be half in number
- Moves with one fourth of momentum as that of the initial momentum
- Will be one-fourth in number
- 5 cm
- 10 cm
- 107 cm
A photocell is illuminated by a small bright source placed 1 m away. When the same source of light is placed 12m away, the number of electrons emitted by photo cathode would
Decrease by a factor of 2
Increase by a factor of 2
Decrease by a factor of 4
Increase by a factor of 4
Let nr and nb be respectively the number of photons emitted by a red bulb and a blue bulb of equal power in one second.
nr = nb
The information is insufficient to get a relation between nr and nb.
A point source causes photoelectric effect from a small metal plate. Which of the following curves may represent the saturation photocurrent as a function of the distance between the source and the metal?
- number of electrons emitted is half of the initial number
- each emitted electron carries half the initial energy
- number of electrons emitted is a quarter of the initial number
- each emitted electron carries one quarter of the initial energy
The number of photons emitted by a 5mW laser source operating at 632.8 nm is