Q. The number of points where normal forces are acting on the boy are__________.
Q. An automobile tire is filled completely with water. The tire is mounted on an axle so that the tire is in a vertical plane. How does the pressure vary inside the tire with (a) no additional force applied; (b) a strong pushing up on the bottom of the tire: (c) a strong force pushing down on the top the tire
- The pressure is significantly greater at the top.
- The pressure is approximately the same everywhere.
- The pressure is significantly greater at bottom.
- The pressure variation cannot be determined without more information
Q. If θ is instantaneous angle which the line joining the particle and the centre of the loop makes with the vertical, then identify the correct statement(s) related to the normal reaction N between the block and the surface
- The maximum value N occurs at θ=0
- The minimum N occurs at N=π for H>5R/2
- The value of N becomes negative for π/2<θ<3π/2
- The value of N becomes zero only when θ≥π/2
Q. Two metal spheres are falling through a liquid of density 2×103kg/m3 with the same uniform speed. The density of the materials of the spheres are 8×103kg/m3 and 11×103kg/m3 respectively. The ratio of their speeds are:
Q. A man is standing on incline which makes angle θ with horizontal and rain is falling vertically with respect to man. Now man starts walking along the incline
- If man walks up the incline, rain may appear to come horizontal
- If man walks down the incline, rain may appear to come horizontally
- No matter whether man walks up or down, rain can never appear to come horizontal
- If man walks (up or down) along incline rain may appear to come along the inclined
Q. A wooden sphere rolls down to two different inclined planes of the same height but different inclines. Will it reach the bottom with the same speed in each case?
Q. If a pushing force an angle α with horizontal is applied on a block of mass m placed on horizontal table and angle of function is β, then minimum magnitude of force required to move the block is
Q. A wooden piece is balanced by a brass weight in a sensitive balance. Now the pan contained by wooden piece is covered by a bell jar and then evacuated;
- the pan containing the wooden piece will go up
- the pan containing the wooden piece will go down
- the beam will remain horizontal
- nothing can be said definitely
Q. A block of mass m is pulled along a horizontal surface by a horizontal rope of mass 1kg. A force of 15N is applied at the free end of the rope. The force exerted by the block on the rope is 13.5N. the mass m of the block is:
Q. L shaped rod is hinged from O in vertical plane at its end as shown in figure. Rod is in equilibrium position then, Determine ϕ.