The correct option is B
The correct option is B.
Explanation of the correct option:
- Organisms that are dependent on other organisms for their food are referred to as heterotrophs.
- Fungi cannot perform photosynthesis and thus cannot make their own food.
- Thus, fungi are heterotrophs.
Explanation of the incorrect options:
- Parasites are organisms that live on a host and derive nutrition from them.
- Not all fungi are parasitic.
- Some Deuteromycetes are not parasitic.
- Autotrophs are organisms that produce their own food and aren't dependent on others for nutrition.
- Fungi do not possess chloroplasts for photosynthesis and thus aren't autotrophic.
- Saprophytes are organisms that absorb soluble organic matter from dead organisms.
- While most fungi are saprophytic, not all fungi are saprophytes.
Final answer: All fungi are Heterotrophs.