Briefly discuss the Theory of Natural Selection as given by Darwin.
Charles Darwin theory of evolution-
1. Overproduction- every organism has enormous power to reproduce.
2. Even though all species produce a large number offsprings but the population remains constant, this is due to the struggle between the members of same species and different species for food space and mate.
3. Variation- due to the struggle to fit, organisms which posses some variation which is favourable and they can leave the progeny to continue.
4. Formation of new species. These variations when accumulated for a longer time leads to the origin of new species.
5. Survival of the fittest- nature selects those organisms which are fittest for survival.