CameraIcon
CameraIcon
SearchIcon
MyQuestionIcon


Question

Carbon monoxide is toxic because ___ .


  1. it releases excess oxygen

  2. None of these

  3. it is inert

  4. it wants more oxygen


Solution

The correct option is D

it wants more oxygen


Carbon monoxide is toxic because it requires more oxygen to get its valency satisfied. Once, inside our body, it competes with haemoglobins for oxygen. As haemoglobin is responsible for transporting oxygen inside our body, our body is unable to get proper oxygen supply.

flag
 Suggest corrections
thumbs-up
 
0 Upvotes


Similar questions
View More


People also searched for
View More



footer-image