Construct a rectangle ABCD whose one side BC = 4.5 cm and diagonal AC = 6 cm [3 MARKS]
Concept : 1 Mark
Steps : 1 Mark
Construction : 1 Mark
Each angle of rectangle is 90∘
Opposite sides of rectangle are equal i.e., AD = BC and AB = DC.
Steps of construction :
1. Draw a line segment BC of length 4.5 cm.
2. At B Construct an angle of 90∘ and draw a ray.
3. From C draw an arc of radius 6 cm which intersects the ray drawn from B at a point. Let the point of intersection be A.
4. From A draw an arc radius of 4.5 cm and from C draw an arc of radius which equals the length of AB.
5. Thes two arc intersect at a point, let it be D.
6. Join AD and CD. ABCD is the required rectangle.