CameraIcon
CameraIcon
SearchIcon
MyQuestionIcon
MyQuestionIcon
Question

Fluorosis is caused due to the ingestion of that is found in various waste disposal sites.

A
ferrous oxide
No worries! We‘ve got your back. Try BYJU‘S free classes today!
B
fluoride
Right on! Give the BNAT exam to get a 100% scholarship for BYJUS courses
C
nitrogen
No worries! We‘ve got your back. Try BYJU‘S free classes today!
D
sulphide
No worries! We‘ve got your back. Try BYJU‘S free classes today!
Open in App
Solution

The correct option is B fluoride
When animals eat toxic waste, they get infected with fatal diseases. One such disease is fluorosis, which is very common in cattle. Fluorosis is caused when the body ingests fluoride that is found in various waste disposal sites. The disease leads to various health problems like the weakening of bones, weight loss, diarrhoea, lowered fertility, as well as reduced milk production.

flag
Suggest Corrections
thumbs-up
0
Join BYJU'S Learning Program
similar_icon
Related Videos
thumbnail
lock
Impact of Waste on Aquatic and Terrestrial Life
GEOGRAPHY
Watch in App
Join BYJU'S Learning Program
CrossIcon