For constructing a right angle without a protractor, which of the following method/s is/are used?
60∘ angle construction
To construct a right angle triangle, the following steps should be followed:
1. Draw a line OB of given length.
2. With O as centre, make an arc of any radius intersecting OB at X.
3. With X as a centre, draw another arc keeping the radius same intersecting the previous arc at D.
4. ∠DOB will be 60∘.
5. With D as a centre and keeping the radius same, draw another arc intersecting the first arc at C.
6. ∠COB will be 120∘ .
7. Bisect COD drawing two equal arcs from each points intersecting at E.
8. Join EO and extend till A. ∠AOB will be 90∘.
So, it can be seen that both 60∘ and angle bisector construction is used in the process.