CameraIcon
CameraIcon
SearchIcon
MyQuestionIcon
MyQuestionIcon
1
You visited us 1 times! Enjoying our articles? Unlock Full Access!
Question

One of the following statements w.r.t excretion by the human kidneys is correct:


A

Ascending limb of loop of Henle is permeable to water.

No worries! We‘ve got your back. Try BYJU‘S free classes today!
B

Distal convoluted tubule is incapable of reabsorbing Na+ ions.

No worries! We‘ve got your back. Try BYJU‘S free classes today!
C

Nearly 99% of the glomerular filtrate is reabsorbed by the renal tubules.

Right on! Give the BNAT exam to get a 100% scholarship for BYJUS courses
D

Descending limb of loop of Henle is permeable to electrolytes.

No worries! We‘ve got your back. Try BYJU‘S free classes today!
Open in App
Solution

The correct option is C

Nearly 99% of the glomerular filtrate is reabsorbed by the renal tubules.


Only about 1% of the glomerular fitrate actually leaves the body because the rest (the other 99%) is reabsorbed into the blood while it passes through the renal tubules and ducts. This is called tubular reabsorption.

flag
Suggest Corrections
thumbs-up
1
Join BYJU'S Learning Program
similar_icon
Related Videos
thumbnail
lock
Excretory System in Animals
BIOLOGY
Watch in App
Join BYJU'S Learning Program
CrossIcon