CameraIcon
CameraIcon
SearchIcon
MyQuestionIcon
MyQuestionIcon
Question

Q. Consider the following statements with reference to the Real Estate Infrastructure Trusts (REITs):

Which of the statements given above is/are incorrect?

Q. रियल एस्टेट इंफ्रास्ट्रक्चर ट्रस्ट (REIT) के संदर्भ में निम्नलिखित कथनों पर विचार कीजिए:

उपर्युक्त कथनों में से कौन-सा/से गलत है/हैं?


A

3 only
केवल 3
Right on! Give the BNAT exam to get a 100% scholarship for BYJUS courses
B

1 only
केवल 1
No worries! We‘ve got your back. Try BYJU‘S free classes today!
C

1 and 2 only
केवल 1 और 2
No worries! We‘ve got your back. Try BYJU‘S free classes today!
D

1, 2 and 3
1, 2 और 3
No worries! We‘ve got your back. Try BYJU‘S free classes today!
Open in App
Solution

The correct option is A
3 only
केवल 3

Explanation:

REITs are the companies that buy and manage rent-producing assets such as offices and retail outlets.

Statement 1 is correct: Real Estate Infrastructure Trusts are similar to mutual funds. While mutual funds provide the opportunity to invest in equity stocks, REITs allow one to invest in income-generating real estate assets and equity shares of real estate companies.

Statement 2 is correct: Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) mandates that at least 80% of a REIT’s portfolio by value needs to be invested in completed and income-generating properties. This decreases execution risk. The remaining 20% can be in under-construction properties, listed or unlisted debt of real estate companies, listed or unlisted equity shares of real estate companies, mortgage-backed securities, GSecs (Government Security) and money market instruments.

Statement 3 is incorrect: The capital gains made on the listed REIT units for more than 36 months are treated as long-term capital gains. If the units are held for 36 months or less, short term gains tax is applicable at a flat rate of 15% plus surcharge and cess.

व्याख्या:

रियल एस्टेट इंफ्रास्ट्रक्चर ट्रस्ट (REIT) वे कंपनियां हैं जो कार्यालयों और खुदरा दुकानों जैसी किराया सृजित करने वाली संपत्तियां खरीदती हैं और उनका प्रबंधन करती हैं।

कथन 1 सही है: रियल एस्टेट इंफ्रास्ट्रक्चर ट्रस्ट म्यूचुअल फंड के समान हैं। जहाँ म्यूचुअल फंड इक्विटी शेयरों में निवेश करने का अवसर प्रदान करते हैं वहीं, रियल एस्टेट इंफ्रास्ट्रक्चर ट्रस्ट (REIT) किसी को आय-सृजित करने वाली अचल संपत्ति और रियल एस्टेट कंपनियों के इक्विटी शेयरों में निवेश करने में सक्षम बनाता है।

कथन 2 सही है: भारतीय प्रतिभूति और विनिमय बोर्ड (सेबी) अनिवार्य करता है कि मूल्य के आधार पर रियल एस्टेट इंफ्रास्ट्रक्चर ट्रस्ट (REIT) के पोर्टफोलियो का कम से कम 80% भाग पूर्ण और आय उत्पन्न करने वाली संपत्तियों में निवेश किया जाना चाहिए। यह निष्पादन जोखिम को कम करता है। शेष 20% निवेश निर्माणाधीन संपत्तियों, रियल एस्टेट कंपनियों के सूचीबद्ध या असूचीबद्ध ऋण, रियल एस्टेट कंपनियों के सूचीबद्ध या असूचीबद्ध इक्विटी शेयरों, बंधक-समर्थित प्रतिभूतियों, GSecs (सरकारी प्रतिभूतियों) और मुद्रा बाजार साधनों में हो सकता है।

कथन 3 गलत है: सूचीबद्ध REIT इकाइयों पर 36 महीनों से अधिक के पूंजीगत लाभ को दीर्घकालिक पूंजीगत लाभ के रूप में माना जाता है। अगर यूनिट्स 36 महीने या उससे कम समय के लिए होती हैं, तो अल्पावधि लाभ कर 15% की एक समान दर पर लागू होता है तथा इसमें अधिभार और सेस भी देय होता है।


flag
Suggest Corrections
thumbs-up
0
similar_icon
Similar questions
View More
Join BYJU'S Learning Program
similar_icon
Related Videos
thumbnail
lock
Debt and Equity
BUSINESS STUDIES
Watch in App
Join BYJU'S Learning Program
CrossIcon