CameraIcon
CameraIcon
SearchIcon
MyQuestionIcon


Question

Recessive character appears in 25% of the F2 progeny in Mendel’s monohybrid cross.



Correct Answer
A

True

Your Answer
B

False


Solution

The correct option is A

True


If F1 progeny of Mendel’s monohybrid cross are self-pollinated, the ratio of both dominant and recessive phenotypes in  F2 generation will be 3:1. This indicates that 75% of the F2 progeny will exhibit dominant phenotype while the other 25% will exhibit recessive phenotype.

flag
 Suggest corrections
thumbs-up
 
0 Upvotes


Similar questions
View More



footer-image