The debit balance in the Profit & Loss Account is ___________.
A and B are partners sharing profits and losses in the ratio of 2:1. From April 1, 2017, they decided to share the profits in the ratio of 3:2. On that date, profit and loss account showed a debit balance or Rs 60,000. Record the necessary journal entry for the distribution of the balance in the Profit and Loss Account.
State whether the following statement are true or false.
1. Final Accounts are prepared on the basis of Trial Balance.
2. Trading Account is a part of Profit & Loss Account.
3. Profit Loss Account is prepared to find out Gross Profit or Gross Loss.
4. Gross Profit or Gross Loss is transferred to Balance Sheet.
5. An amount of net profit is added to the capital.
6. All indirect expenses are debited to trading account.
7. Balance Sheet is a statement and not an account.
8. Capital account is a personal account.
9. Amount of prepaid expenses appears on assets side.
10. Bank Overdraft is a liability of business concern.
A Statement of Affairs is similar to the :
(a) Balance sheet
(b) Trial balance
(c) Trading Account
(d) Profit & Loss Account