What is the difference between parenchyma and collenchyma ?
1. The tissue consists of thin-walled living cells.
2. It is distributed in almost all the parts of the plant body.
3. The living cells of parenchyma assimilate and store food. They also store waste products.
1. The tissue consists of cells having localised thickening in their cell walls.
2. It occurs mostly in the aerial parts of the plants and is restricted to the other layers.
3. Collenchyma is the chief mechanical tissue in parts of a young plant particularly in the young dicotyledonous stems.