CameraIcon
CameraIcon
SearchIcon
MyQuestionIcon


Question

Which of the following statement(s) regarding respiration in humans is/are not correct?
  1. Exchange of gases takes place in alveoli region 
  2. All are incorrect
  3. Exchange of gases takes place by the process of diffusion 
  4. Oxygen is transported only by RBC


Solution

The correct option is D Oxygen is transported only by RBC
The transfer of gases between blood and alveoli takes place by the process of diffusion. Diffusion is the process of movement of ions or molecules from a region of higher concentration to a region of lower concentration.
Gases such as oxygen and carbon dioxide are transported both by plasma and RBC. About 97% of the oxygen is transported by the RBC and the rest 3% is transported by plasma in dissolved state.  

Fig. Diffusion of gases in the alveolar region. 

flag
 Suggest corrections
thumbs-up
 
0 Upvotes


Similar questions
View More...



footer-image