Write the process of preparing ledger from a journal.
The following process describes the preparation of ledger from journal:
1. Locate the account to be debited in the ledger as entered in the journal.
2. Enter date of transaction into date column of debit side.
3. Mention the account from which it is debited in journal, is written in the particulars column.
4. Enter the page number of the journal in the J.F. column. The corresponding page number of the ledger account is written in the L.F. column of the journal.
5. Enter amount in the amount column in the debit side.
6. For credit side follow the same procedure for crediting the entry.