Answer: The correct answer is option (C)
- A person aged 7 years and above who can write and read with understanding in any language, is treated as literate as per Census of 2001.
- There has been a steady rise in literacy levels in India.
- As per Census of 2001, the literacy rate for females is 53.67 percent and 75.26 percent for males.
- The overall literacy rate as per Census of 2001 is 64.84 percent.
- An important quality of the population is literacy.
- The ability to undertake research and development and intelligent choices can be made only by educated and well-informed citizens of a nation.
- If a nation has to progress, then it is important that the country has high levels of literacy.
- Low levels of literacy are a very big obstacle for the economic empowerment of people and thereby prevent economic development of the country.