Nematodes possess a cavity-like structure but not a true cavity or coelom. It is called as pseudocolor.
- Their body is bilaterally symmetrical and triploblastic.
- They are cylindrical in shape.
- They exhibit tissue level organization.
- Their body has a cavity or pseudocoelom.
- The alimentary canal is distinct, with the mouth and the anus.
- They are sexually dimorphic.
- They are devoid of the circulatory system and respiratory system.
- They are free-living or parasitic.
- Parasitic nematodes cause diseases in the host.