Answer: (A) Sublimation
Camphor can easily be purified by the process of sublimation.
- Sublimation is used for separating substances with on heating change directly into vapour.
- Camphor gets directly converted to its gaseous state, leaving the salt behind.
- Camphor is separated from NaCl by Sublimation.
- On heating, camphor is collected on the inner surface of the inverted funnel while NaCl left in the dish.
- When a mixture of NaCl and camphor is heated, camphor sublimes and its vapours are obtained.