CNG is compressed natural gas formed under high pressure and when it burns it does not produce smoke. After burning, it does not leave any solid residues behind, so it is a clean fuel and is less polluting than petrol or diesel.
- CNG is an odourless, colourless and tasteless compound with non-corrosive and non-toxic properties.
- The primary use in automobiles is as a substitute for gasoline.
- Methane is the main component of CNG.
- It generally produces few greenhouse gases.
- It is very healthy as it easily scatters into the air.