Water is one of the important resources which helps for sustaining life. If the water bodies are polluted, then all lives will be in danger. Here are some activities which pollute the water bodies. Water pollution happens when toxic substances enter water bodies such as lakes, rivers, oceans, etc.
Following activities are polluting the water bodies:
- Discharge of sewage into rivers.
- Release of industrial wastes into the river water.
- Washing clothes and bathing animals in the river.
- Acid rain and oil pollution in the water body
- Reduce chemicals
- Don’t use plastics and burn plastics
- Avoid the use of pesticides and herbicides
- Do not throw wastes into the rivers
- Avoid bathing near ponds or rivers
- Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle.