The idea of Satyagraha was successfully organised by Gandhiji in 1915. Satyagraha was successfully organised in a number of places including Ahmedabad, Bihar, Kheda and also in South Africa. The word Satyagraha refers to following the path of truth and non-violence to attain freedom and fight against injustice.
Five points about Gandhi’s idea of satyagraha are:
- According to Gandhi, Satyagraha was a unique weapon to fight injustice.
- The idea of satyagraha highlighted the power of truth and the need to search for the truth.
- Satyagraha was a novel method of mass agitation, which stressed the principle of truth, tolerance, non-violence and peaceful protests.
- Satyagraha supported that for true cause and struggle against injustice, physical force is not required to fight with the oppressor.
- Gandhi believed that the satyagraha battle will be won and this battle also unite the Indians by this dharma of truth and non-violence
Explore more such questions and answers at BYJU’S.