A flame consists of three different zones. Namely, innermost, middle, and outer zone. Each zone has different temperatures. Every zone has a different color and this will help us in understanding the temperatures of each zone.
- The first zone is called the Outer zone. It is blue in color.
- The second zone is called the Middle zone. It is yellow in color.
- The third zone is called as Inner zone. It is dark or black in color.
- The least hot region of the flame is present innermost.
- This inner zone is black in color due to the presence of unburnt wax vapors.