From which part of the turmeric plant (Curcuma longa), the turmeric powder is obtained from the dried rhizome of the plant.
Listed below are the characteristics of the turmeric plant
- Curcuma longa is the scientific name of the plant.
- It is a herbaceous perennial plant with long lateral ramifications.
- Turmeric powder is extracted from the dried ground rhizomes of this plant for culinary uses.
- Natural products from this plant also have analgesic, antibacterial, antifungal, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and digestive properties.
- The plant is originated from Southeast Asia, probably in the Indian subcontinent.