Crude oil is called the mother of all commodities since it is used to produce various items, including pharmaceuticals, plastics, fuel, synthetic fabrics, and so on. Since the 1950s petroleum or oil has been the world’s leading source of energy.
The processing method of crude oil
- Crude oil is a mixture of various chemical compounds, called hydrocarbons.
- In the tank, the boiling oil transforms into a combination of gases.
- The gases flow up the hottest column at the bottom and the cooler column at the top.
- When they go up the column, the gases cool down until they condense.
- After washing and further processing the separated liquids & gases are being used to produce several products.