The history of the Gonds was different from that of the Ahoms in the following ways:
- The Gonds lived in a vast forested region called Gondwana, while the Ahoms migrated to the Brahmaputra valley from present-day Myanmar in the 13th century.
- The Gonds practiced shifting cultivation, while the Ahoms did not practice this type of cultivation.
- The Gond society was not as developed as the Ahom’s, while the Ahoms built a large state using firearms, and they could even make high-quality gunpowder and cannons.
Yes. There were many similarities between the Gonds and Ahoms:
- Both Gonds and Ahoms were capable of building large states.
- Both Gonds and Ahoms granted land to the Brahmanas, who became very influential.
- Both Gonds and Ahoms had to face the Mughal attack. Despite their brave defence, both were defeated by the Mughals.
Explore more such questions and answers at BYJU’S.