Features of Red soil and yellow soil.
- Red soil is porous and has a high percentage of iron oxide.
- Red soil is found to be shallow and its pH value ranges from 6.6 to 8.0.
- Red soil is not fertile, but it does respond to fertilizers
- These soils are poor growing soils, low in nutrients and humus and difficult to cultivate because of its lower water holding capacity.
- These soils are found in the large tracts of Western Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Southern Maharashtra, Chhattisgarh, Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, Odisha and Chhota Nagpur plateau of Jharkhand.