Magnetic lines of force are the lines that depict the magnetic force that exists in the surrounding of the magnet.
The properties of magnetic lines of force are as follows.
- Magnetic field lines emerge from the north pole and merge at the south pole.
- As the distance between the poles increases, the density of magnetic lines decreases.
- The direction of field lines inside the magnet is from the South Pole to the North Pole.
- Magnetic lines do not intersect with each other.
- The strength of the magnetic lines is the same throughout and is proportional to how close are the lines.