The positive charge on the nucleus is due to the presence of protons in it.
- Neutrons have no charge, and protons are positively charged. Because the nucleus is only made up of protons and neutrons, it is positively charged.
- Electrons revolve around the nucleus, which is negatively its negative charge cancel out from the charge of the nucleus, and the atom becomes stable.
- So nucleus positive charge plays an important role to give stability to an atom.
- The number of protons in the atomic number and the number of protons plus neutrons is the atomic mass.
- The proton forms the nucleus, while the electron orbits around it.