Dhaka is the capital city of the country Bangladesh. Formerly the city was now as Dacca. It is the largest city in the country.
- It is the political, economical and cultural centre of the country.
- The population of the city is 8,906,039.
- The city lies on the lower reaches of the Ganges Delta and covers a total area of 306.38 square kilometres.
- Dhaka has the largest number of schools, colleges and universities of any Bangladeshi city
- Cricket and football are the two most popular sports in Dhaka and across the nation
- The country shares the 4096.7km border with India.
- The official language in the country is Bengali.
- Bangladeshi Taka is the currency in the country.
- The country comprises of 8 States/ Provinces.
- Bangladesh stretches its area of 1,43,998 sq km and coastline is 580km.
- Islam is a popular religion in the country.
Border shared between India and Bangladesh
Border Line share between India and Bangladesh is 4096.7 Km. It is the fifth-longest land border in the world. India and Bangladesh share one of the longest borders in the world and it covers an area of 1,43,998 sq km and along with a coastline of 580 km.