- a) Both statements are wrong.
- b) Both statements are right.
- c) Statement 1 is right, and 2 is wrong
- d) Statement 1 is wrong, and 2 is right
Answer: b) Both statements are right
Explanation: Diploid organisms have 2n chromosomes that occur in pairs. Both the parents equally contribute their genetic materials. Thus, one chromosome is from the mother, and the other is from the father (homologous chromosome).
- Difference between haploid cells and diploid cells
- Difference between homologous and non-homologous chromosomes
Explore BYJU’S Biology for more exciting topics.