The animals which can live both in water as well as on land are called Amphibians.
Listed below are the features of amphibians
- Can live both on land and in water.
- Ectothermic animals, found in a warm environment.
- Their body is divided into head and trunk.
- The tail may or may not be present.
- The heart is three-chambered.
- The sexes are separate and fertilization is usually external. In salamanders, the fertilization is internal.
- Breeding occurs in water.
- The copulatory organs are absent in males.