The area under the speed-time graph gives the distance travelled.
- When explaining the movement of an object, speed-time graphs are extremely useful.
- They can be used to decide whether an object is moving or not at any given time.
- They can also be used to determine the speed at which an object is moving at any given time.
- We can measure any acceleration, change in speed, and change in time using data from the graph.
- We can also use graphs to figure out how far we’ve travelled. The area under a speed-time graph represents the distance travelled.
Speed-time graphs with constant speed
Speed-time graphs with constant acceleration
Speed-time graphs with increasing acceleration