d) re-radiated by land and water
Earth absorb radiation from sun, and then try to transmit it back to atmosphere, but atmosphere absorb very selective gas as a result of which the gas radiated get back to earth resulting in increase in temperature. When solar radiations fall on earth, some are absorbed by the land but majority of these are reflected back or re-radiated by land and water bodies.
- contains the air that we breathe
- helps retain the sun’s heat and prevents it from escaping back into space
- protects life from harmful radiation from the sun
- plays a major role in Earth’s water cycle
- helps keep the climate on Earth moderate