A binary number system is one of the four types of number system. In computer applications, where binary numbers are represented by only two symbols or digits, i.e. 0 (zero) and 1(one). The binary numbers here are expressed in the base-2 numeral system.
- Binary numbers are made up of only 0’s and 1’s.
- A binary number is represented with a base-2
- A bit is a single binary digit.
Examples for the binary number
Each digit in this system is said to be a bit. Examples for binary number
- (101)2 is a binary number
- (1110)2 is a binary number.