Jaisalmer is the driest place in India. Jaisalmer is located in the state of Rajasthan. Rajasthan is a beautiful state with numerous cultural and moral ethics.
Why it is the driest place?
Jaisalmer is located in the heart of the Thar desert. The temperatures reaches its extreme in both summer and winter. The maximum temperature in summer is 49ºC and minimum is 25ºC. In winter the maximum temperature is 23ºC nad minimum temperature is 5ºC. The average rainfall is 210 mm. The highest temperature recorded is 50ºC. Hence it is referred to as the driest place in India.
Facts about Jaisalmer
- Jaisalmer is also known as the golden city
- Jaisalmer is located in the heart of the Thar desert
- It is the largest district of the Rajasthan state
- Tourism is the main earning economy in the city
- The desert festival of Jaisalmer is the most beautiful and colourful part of the city