The male sex hormone ‘testosterone’ is secreted by male testicles.
- In males, testes secrete the sex hormone ‘testosterone’ which is responsible for the changes that appear at the puberty.
- Testosterone is a sex hormone that plays important roles in the body.
- The hormone also promotes the development of sexual male characteristics during puberty such as voice deepening and the growth of armpit, chest and pubic hair.
- LH is the hormone which stimulates a man’s testes to produce testosterone.
- 95% of a man’s testosterone is produced by Leydig cells.