The value of the universal gas constant R depends on unit measurement.
Gas constant (R)
- In physics, the gas constant is defined as the product of pressure and volume.
- It is denoted by R and expressed as energy per temperature increase per mole.
- The value of R in atm is constant. But the value of the gas constant can be expressed using various units.
- The R is also known as ideal gas constant or universal gas constant or molar constant.
- The value of the gas constant ‘R’ depends on the units used for pressure, volume and temperature.