- Protective foods are considered to be containing significant quantities of antioxidants that cause free radicals harmless.
- Since protective food provides protection and defends our body from multiple diseases and illnesses.
- Foods that are rich in minerals and vitamins are referred to as protective foods.
- Foods such as leafy or yellow vegetables, meat, citrus fruits, egg, milk, which contain sufficient quantities of vitamins, minerals and high-quality proteins that protect against the occurrence of a disease of deficiency. Beriberi, Scurvy, Pellagra are also examples of protective foods.
- Protective foods include all vegetables and fruit and also dairy products.