Life processes are biological/cellular activities that maintain homeostasis, keep the organism alive and propagate the species. Nutrition, respiration, transportation, locomotion, excretion, reproduction and sensitivity
- Metabolism includes all the chemical reactions that maintain homeostasis.
- These metabolic (chemical) reactions occur in all the other life processes.
- Nutrition is the process of obtaining food and processing the food for use by the organism.
- All activities involve maintaining homeostasis and allows organisms to respond to changes in the environment.
- Synthesis is the metabolic process that combines small molecules to build larger molecules.