The Andaman and Nicobar Islands is located in the Bay of Bengal.
The Andaman and the Nicobar Islands lies to the southeast of the Indian mainland in the Bay of Bengal. Andaman and Nicobar has its own rich culture and traditions. The island has the large number of beaches and tourists are attracted by these.
Features of Andaman and Nicobar Islands
- Port Blair is the capital of Andaman Nicobar Islands.
- Famous for the popular cellular jail
- Port Blair has a tropical monsoon climate
- Most common religion is Hinduism followed by Christianity and Islam
- Bengali is the most common language. Hindi, Tamil and Telugu are other languages spoken by the people
- Tourism is the main leading economy.