The plains areas are the most productive for farming.
Formation of Plain
When the rivers flow through mountain slopes, erosion of mountains occur. The flowing river carries the eroded material and the deposit materials like silt, clay and stones are gathered on the valleys. This leads to the formation of plains. River plains are thickly populated because of the fertility of the plains. This makes the construction of a transportation network comparatively easier.
The plains areas are the most productive for farming due to the following reasons
- The land in these areas are very fertile
- The soil comprises of vital amount of nutrients
- The plain areas usually do not face the scarcity of water
- Easier accessibility to goods and other services
- Cost of living and expenditure on agriculture would be limited