Metals are the electropositive element where they tend to donate electrons and form positive ions and become stable. Metals also generally have certain distinguishing physical properties that make them easy to identify and classify.
Properties of metals
Some main properties of metals are
- The have lustre and a metallic appearance.
- They are usually in the form of a solid at room temperature.
- They are very good conductors of electricity and heat.
- Metals are malleable and ductile.
- They mostly have a very high melting point.