In this article;e will read about desert ecosystem. Before learning about desert ecosystem will learn about ecosystem.
The ecosystem is the structural and functional unit of ecology where the living organisms interact with each other and the surrounding environment. In other words, an ecosystem is a chain of interaction between organisms and their environment.
- An ecosystem is a community of both living and non-living entities of a particular region, that is in constant interaction with each other, maintaining the ecological balance.
- The biotic or living entities are constituted by humans, plants, and animals while the abiotic or non-living entities are the rock, soil, water, air, and other such related components of that region.
Deserts are found throughout the world. These are regions with very little rainfall. The days are hot and the nights are cold. The most defining feature of this ecosystem is the amount of precipitation it receives, which is the least as compared to any ecosystem.
- This ecosystem can exist from the Arctic to the tropics, not all deserts are hot, some are often windy. Some contain rocks while some have sand dunes.
- Flora is very rare but highly adaptive animal species and insects are found here.
- As presumed, not all of the deserts are hot. Some are usually windy.
- The most striking feature of this ecosystem is the amount of precipitation it receives, which is the least as compared to any other ecosystem.
- A few deserts are comprised of rocks while some have sand dunes.