Red-green colour blindness is the most common type of colour blindness and it is X-linked recessive genetic disorder. It is caused due to defects in the genes of red or green cones of the eye. Males are more prone to the disease as they have only one copy of the X chromosome. Females can have the disease only if they have a pair of defective genes. For a female to be colour blind, her mother has to be a carrier at least and father colour blind.
- Polygenic Inheritance
- Chromosome Structure
- Cell – The Unit of Life
- Cell Cycle and Cell Division
- Chromosomal Disorder In Humans
- Molecular Basis Of Inheritance – Important Notes For NEET
- Flashcards Of Biology For NEET Molecular Basis Of Inheritance
- Principles Of Inheritance And Variation – Important Notes For NEET
- Flashcards Of Biology For NEET Principles Of Inheritance And Variation
Stay tuned to BYJU’S to learn similar questions and important points related to genes and chromosomes.