Q. Which of the following is used to preserve food grains at home?
- Tulsi leaves
- Neem leaves
- Curry leaves
- Spinach leaves
Q. Harvesting is a process involving the cutting of:
- crops before they mature
- crops after they mature
- weeds before they mature
- weeds after they mature
Q. Why is chemical treatment required for storing large quantities of grains?
- To select good quality seeds.
- To prevent absorption of excess moisture.
- To protect them from fungal contamination.
- To protect them from pests.
Q. Separation of grain and chaff is done by ___________ .
Choose the correct list of activities in agriculture practice.
- All of these
- Preparation of soil, sowing, adding manure and fertilisers
- Adding manure and fertilisers, irrigation, protecting from weeds
- Protecting from weeds, harvesting, storage
Q. Which of the following statement is correct with respect to irrigation?
- Supply of water to households
- Removal of water from crops
- Supply of water to factories
- Channeling water for agriculture
Ram and Krishna harvested their crops. Ram left his harvested crop outside the house whereas Krishna kept his crops in a small closed room. They were very happily enjoying the festival of pongal. When both of them returned after the festival, Ram's crop was good and Krishna's was spoiled. Why?
Krishna's crop was not of good quality
Ram's crop had a lot of moisture
Ram's crop dried in the sunlight
All of the above
Q. Crops are pulled out or cut close to the ground once they mature. This is known as
Which of the following is/are used for tilling?
Q. Why is there a need to improve the yield of food grains?
- The population of India is growing rapidly.
- The amount of cultivable land has reached its limit.
- There is a shortage of water resources needed for irrigation.
- The availability of cultivable land has increased.